Follow us on:

Pages

Chingay 2012: Sprinkle Splash Splosh

(Jennifer Preview)

Just one word to conjure up colourful images of festivity & conviviality. 
When I was a little boy, my parents used to bring me and my sister to brave the crowds along Orchard Road to catch a glimpse of those magnificent floats and performances. 
 
How I vividly remember those times, especially as I remained perched on my dad's shoulders. Until I ballooned in size during my later years that is.
Being Chingay's 40th anniversary this year, Chingay 2012 celebrates love in all its guises, flowing with passion, romance, 
 
harmony and community spirit, with the theme of "Love, Care and Kindness Everywhere".
 
I was kindly invited to its media conference and full dress rehearsal about 2 weeks back, and it was really an eye-opener to see how everything is put together.